You know that sweet spot? We’ve had one at some point or another…
- The perfect bite from a wonderfully delicious meal.
- Crossing the finish line before the fatigue settles in.
- Waking up just happy to put your feet on the floor and face another day with a positive attitude.
- Holding that sweet baby you’ve waited nine months to meet.
- Taking the last exam and facing a summer of fun.
There may be a number of times in your life where you’ve felt like you were in a sweet spot. Or, you may feel like they are few and far between. But, something big has settled over me recently. I think we’re scared of our sweet spots. I know I have been in the past. However, I am ready to embrace that feeling of settling into my sweet spot!
Life is not perfect. But, when we do find a sweet spot, what are we so afraid of? Most of the time, I’m afraid it’s going to end. So, I don’t want to get my hopes too high and then just be disappointed. How could we dare think that God didn’t design us to delight in Him and in the place He put us?
I really believe that when our minds, bodies, spirits and relationships find harmony then we will find our sweet spot. Without harmony among the aspects of our true self, we are only fighting with ourselves to be who we are really designed to be.
So, be yourself! Join in union with God and who He designed you to be…embrace your sweet spots in life and I bet that this world won’t be able to hold you back!
Whitney R. Simpson
Click to connect:
Content @ 2010-2019
Whitney R. Simpson,
Exploring Peace Ministries, unless otherwise indicated.
All Rights Reserved.